This past month’s best…
Eleven Knockout Tracks on repeat this past month!
A tasty cocktail of rollicking rippers and first-rate cuts.
Here’s Turn Up The Volume‘s Knockout April Team!
2. ‘Covered In Filth’ by THE MEDICINE DOLLS (Capetown, South Africa)
Raw rollicking rockabilly riffs with waggish bubblegum ooh-la-la’s. Filthy score!
3. ‘Don’t’ by MILLIONAIRE (Belgium)
An ominous funky smack fueled by a mighty disco stomp. Hell yeah!…
4. ‘Candy’ by FALLING MAN (Belgium)
An enigmatic painkiller for spooky midnight hours. It will keep you sane. Maybe…
5. ‘Stay Where You Stand’ by THE RINGARDS (London, UK)
Jangly guitars, ace pace, poppy synths and a scream/sing/hum along chorus. Top!
8. ‘6.30‘ by SUPER PARADISE (London,UK)
When blitzkrieg guitars, echoing vocals and flashy synths meet. A bang-up roller coaster!
10. ‘Prozac Spaceman’ by FAUX CO. (Chicago, US)
This delightful humdinger will dance in your head for some time after one spin…
11. ‘Parabole’ by TURQUOISE (Bruxelles, Belgique)
Sensuous French vocals, glimmering guitars and New Order‘s blue dynamics. Magnifique!…
Brand new sonic impulses…
10 April 2019
THE RACONTEURS announced their new, third, album HELP US STRANGER a few weeks ago. Ahead of its release the band already released a double A-side single. Blues rocker Sunday Driver and sad love song Now That You’re Gone. And here’s another track. A flaring cover of a DONOVAN song, the famous 60s singer-songwriter, viewed by many
as the British Bob Dylan back then. Here’s ‘HEY GYP (DIG THE SLOWNESS)…
THE RACONTEURS: Facebook
(Image on top: debut LP Raconteurs)