The best of the past month…
A swirling fusion of rhapsodic rippers and cool crackerjacks,
that activated my bloodstream and my limbs this past month!
Turn Up The Volume‘s 10 Knockout Tracks for January!
1. ‘Sweet’ by PORRIDGE RADIO
An overwhelming and emotional quietLOUDquiet eruption that does your head in.
New album Every Bad out 13 March. More info and details right here.
2. ‘Ultra Plus Ultra’ by ELEFANT (Belgium)
Motorik stomper, smashing sledgehammer with bloodthirsty guitars & scary synths.
Brand new album BeJAhung out now. Available here.
3. ‘What Can I Say’ by GIANTS OF JERICHO (Australia)
What a glorious stunner! A rousing wake-up call to celebrate each and every day you live.
The band’s debut single from upcoming EP ‘The Fuss And The Feud‘.
4. ‘Closer’ by LAS KELLIES (Argentina)
A funky, bass-driven pop humdinger spiced with an avalanche of contagious guitar lines.
New album ‘Suck This Tangerine‘ out 27th March via Fire Records.
5. ‘Exhale’ by VVYNN (Belgium)
A tower of a song reminding me of PJ Harvey’s electric intensity and spine-tingling voice.
One of the two new singles the band recently shared. Here’s the other song ‘Moaning‘.
6. ‘Reducer’ by PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS IGS PIGS PIGS (Newcastle, UK)
TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH
From their upcoming album Viscerals , out on 3 April.
7. ‘Brain Suck’ by SHADE (Canada)
A red-hot punk ‘n’ roll steamroller with a buzzing turbulence and a sassy swagger…
8. ‘Text Me Back (Chirpse Degree Burns) by DREAM NAILS (London, UK)
Who needs a Bikini Kill reunion when you have Dream Nails now! Text them!….
9. ‘Walls Between Us’ by KATH & THE KICKS (Leeds, UK)
A dynamite stroke about human communication. A kick-ass flare-up with fervent vocals.
10. ‘Cactused’ by WIRE (UK)
The London post-punk veterans still rock like the best with style and finesse.
Their seventeenth album Mind Hive is out now.
All 10 Knockouts together on Spotify
See/hear you next month…