Johnny Marr – Trix Club, Antwerp, Belgium – 7 December 2018
The 10 Highs of the night…
1. Johnny Marr is a natural rock star, not a fabricated one, unlike many.
2. His way of communicating with the crowd through electricity is unique.
3. His glowing vox touches me more than that Smiths guy’s voice ever did.
4. He played 9 out of the 12 ‘Call The Comet‘ tracks. His best non-Smiths LP.
5. Easy Money is unquestionably THE catchiest cracker he ever wrote. Top!
6. ‘Hi Hello‘ has that heartwarming Smithsesque swagger. Magical touch.
7. 15 seconds of ‘Fly Like An Eagle‘ and 5 secs of ‘This Charming Man’. LOL.
8. Turning ‘Getting Away With It‘ into a psychedelic disco stomper was ace.
9. Dedicating ‘Bug‘ to Trump was spot on. ‘Population is sick and shaking’.
10. The place went ballistic when that moment he took us all out kicked in.
Before you would ask, no, there were no lows. Along with The Flaming Lips
and Idles one of the 3 top gigs of Turn Up The Volume‘s busy concert year.
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Day In Day Out
The Headmaster Ritual
Walk Into the Sea
Getting Away With It
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Get the Message
Boys Get Straight
How Soon Is Now?
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby
(all concert pics by Turn Up The Volume!)